Wednesday 28 April 2010

Digital Photo Professional (DPP) Version 3.80 (Canon 550D/Canon T2i)

I've been a long time user of Digital Photo Professional (DPP) as a very easy method to allow me to select and edit which photos I've wanted to use from shoots. The one thing missing that I've always needed to use another editor like Lightroom or Photoshop for has been for cropping images at angles.

Digital Photo Professional will allow you to crop images parallel to the existing image borders. Now with the new version 3.8 that supports the Canon 550D/T2i Digital Photo Professional will allow you to crop images and rotate for the crop - fantastic and just what I need for my workflow!

Digital Photo Professional (DPP)  is a very underrated and under utilised tool that Canon provide for FREE with all their DSLR cameras. I highly rate it and recommend anyone interested in a high throughput workflow to try it out.