Sunday 6 March 2011

Canon 5D Mark 2 Video for travel video/photography

Having just returned from a holiday to New Zealand with the Canon 5D2 I thought it was worth highlighting the benefits of taking this camera when you are travelling.

Using the Canon 5D mark 2 means that you only need to take one device with you. Once packed into my backpack with a selection of lenses (50mm f1.4, 15mm f2.8 fisheye, 24-105mm f4, 70-200mm f2.8 - yes thats right I was travelling light!) it meant that I didn't need to take a video camera with me as well.

Admittedly the selection of lenses along with the Canon 5D2 body in the Tamrac Adventure 9 backpack was hitting the carry on luggage limit and in New Zealand was actually over the limit at nearly 10kg with my notebook packed too.

This is a shot taken with the Canon 5D2, 24-105mm lens at the Abel Tasman National park on New Zealand's South Island near Nelson. (taken using polarising filter and slight tweak in Adobe Lightroom)